Saturday, March 24, 2012

Zip those Lips

So every once in a while you have days where the art room seems to mean recess...I hate those days. I have a lot of talkers in my third grade classes so I decided to make a project that would take tons of concentration so they would have to be quiet. Seems evil in some ways because the project was quit tedious but they learned a lot from it. We learned how to use our rulers properly to make a chart on their watercolor paper then we discussed how to use watercolors and how they mix to show various shades of that color. So in the first block of each row is the color as is, then each block following is adding a color to show variation. Giving them a chart of mixed watercolors. They were meant more for learning techniques but they actually look so good  I might hang them up on my cork board!



No comments:

Post a Comment